Volunteer at our Projects
Volunteering helps improve the quality of life of Oasis Aquila Housing service users who may often feel isolated and lonely. A Volunteer Befriender is supported and encouraged to provide ongoing practical support and companionship to our service users. Our current roles include:
- providing practical support to our service users within our drop-in centres e.g. help with laundry, making refreshments, filling in forms, etc.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Other ways to Volunteer
We need volunteers for roles outside of the projects too. Here are just a few examples:
- Acting as our ‘Community ambassadors’ to raise awareness and generate wider support for our work.
- Fundraising – for more information go to Get Involved – Fundraise with Oasis Aquila Housing.
- Helping out at events eg. Supporting runners at the Great North Run.
- Organising and collecting donations for the projects.
Why Volunteer at Oasis Aquila Housing?
There are a whole host of reasons for volunteering at Oasis Aquila Housing. Primarily, volunteering gives you the chance to make a real difference to vulnerable young people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness. However, you’ll also:
- Develop skills though first-hand experience with service users;
- Build awareness of the issues affecting disaffected young people;
- Have the opportunity to go on a range of different training courses;
- Get the chance to be creative (we welcome your ideas and passions for volunteering!);
If you’d like to find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our Central Office on 0191 477 3535.
To sign up for volunteering, please click the button below which will take you to our online application form.