Volunteer at our Projects
Volunteering helps improve the quality of life of Oasis Aquila Housing service users who may often feel isolated and lonely. A Volunteer Befriender is supported and encouraged to provide ongoing practical support and companionship to our service users. This may include:
- visiting service users in 24-hour supported accommodation, in their own homes or suitable other places.
- running activities within our supported accommodation to engage our service users positively e.g. arts and crafts, cooking/baking, family learning, beauty therapy.
- running workshops to pass on specific life skills which will help our service users to live independently eg. healthy living, IT skills
- providing practical support to our service users within our drop-in centre e.g. help with laundry, making refreshments, filling in forms, etc.
Comprehensive training and induction is provided for volunteers, followed by regular supervisions and staff support. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Other ways to Volunteer
We need volunteers for roles outside of the projects too. Here are just a few examples:
- Fundraise – for more information go to Get Involved – Fundraise with Oasis Aquila Housing
- Admin around the office
- Promoting the organisation to generate wider support
- Offering specific skill workshops to our staff to improve our running of the organisation
- Helping out at events eg. Supporting runners at the Great North Run
- Organising and collecting donations for the projects
Why Volunteer at Oasis Aquila Housing?
There are a whole host of reasons for volunteering at Oasis Aquila Housing. Primarily, volunteering gives you the chance to make a real difference to vulnerable young people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness. However, you’ll also:
- Develop skills though first-hand experience with service users;
- Build awareness of the issues affecting disaffected young people;
- Have the opportunity to go on a range of different training courses;
- Get the chance to be creative (we welcome your ideas and passions for volunteering!);
If you’d like to find out more, email our Supporter Engagement Officer on Abbie.Scott@oasisaquila.org, or ring her at Central Office on 0191 477 3535.
To sign up for volunteering, please click the button below which will take you to our online application form.