Oasis Aquila Housing is a Christian response to homelessness and disadvantage providing housing, support and other specialised services. Our ethos is rooted in the Christian faith and we have five core values which come from elements of the Christian faith, reflected in the life and work of Jesus. These values are:
- Inclusion – Everyone has a need to belong. So we are passionate about including everyone
- Worth – We believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all people, we will therefore treat everyone equally, respecting differences.
- Hope – We have a deep sense of hope that things can change and be transformed, regardless of what the current circumstances may say. We will encourage our clients to dream big dreams
- Perseverance – We are committed to people and communities for the long term, and will give 2nd 3rd and 4th chances.
- Life – We will work to enable ‘life in all its fullness’ to be a reality for those we work with.
Our organisation is comprised of staff and volunteers from all faiths or none, but it is important that all employees understand and sympathise with the Christian ethos and values of Oasis Aquila Housing and commit to embedding these values in their work.
We consider our Christian ethos to be a reason to champion equal opportunities, stemming from our belief that all are made in Gods image. We are a Christian charity which means that we are committed to the transformation of communities and to the inclusion of every person in that process. Indicating the intrinsic role the Christian faith basis of the charity has in informing our service delivery, Oasis Aquila Housing has signed up to the Faithworks Charter. Of notability the charter is a commitment that because of our Christian ethos, not in spite of it, in all that we do, Oasis Aquila Housing will:
- Serve and respect all people regardless of their age, disability, gender, ‘race’, ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, pregnancy or maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, physical and mental capacity
- Acknowledge the freedom of people of all faiths and none to both hold and to express their beliefs and convictions respectfully and freely, within the limits of the UK law
- Never impose its Christian faith or belief on other